Monday, December 10, 2018

The Reign of Terror Continues

Welcome back to The Hive Mind, in this post ill quickly touch on the most recent even which was Hero-con and my initial reaction on whats to come from chapter approved, some concerns i have moving forward with Nids along with some possible benefits.

So Hero-con was a two day tournament running ETC styled missions run by the infamous Josh McGowan, hats off for running a really organised event. For this event I went completely against what i have been saying about a particular unit in the nid dex for a long time, here's what i ran;

Leviathan Battalion:
Dakka Flyrant
Dakka Flyrant
Dakka Flyrant

3 rippers
30 gaunts
30 gaunts
5 venomthropes
3 biovores
3 biovores
2 biovores

Leviathan Battalion:
Nurothrope
Nurothrope

30 gaunts
30 gaunts
30 gaunts
and some left over points for spore field goodness.

Just quickly on how this list went, I played against;
rd1: orks (12-8)
rd2: Deathguard (18-2)
rd3: Guard (19-1)
rd4: Tau (20-0)
rd5: orks (14-6)

There you have it guys, Hivefleet Cuck continues its undefeated run.
This was a pretty neat spread of armies to play against, all of these lists were drastically different to each other even the two ork lists so that was all pretty refreshing. I'm still not sold on the flyrants as a unit in a tyranid army, i love the weight of fire they bring to the table for me but not for the sacrifice of 600 odd points that's so easily taken away from me. 

Prior to this event I was genuinely concerned with how my list would fair against the new guys on the block being orks and I was 100% right in placing my concerns with them, that book is off its head. Despite the score being closer in game 1 I played one of the toughest games I've had in a long time against a good mate Liam Hackett, he was playing a meganob star ork list and it was honestly such a well constructed list, i take my hat off to him for this one. This game deserves its own little write up so I'll be making it the topic of the next post, stay tuned to hear about just how I manoeuvred to get the upper hand on this brutal ork list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Re Claiming The Throne

So I know this one is a little late, but just over a week ago we had the ANZ 40k Team Championships, where for the most part the top 8 playe...