Friday, February 15, 2019

The Great Devourer

Welcome back guys/gals, last weekend saw the conclusion of Queensland Masters.
Shout out to dad #2 Josh McGowan for sorting this one out last minute, had another hardy run through the gauntlet running into the brick wall himself Mr. Simon Gojky for the title.

So Simon was running a slightly different version of his Cancon list, still using the grotesques but with some added shooting from the ravagers and some more wracks, I was running for the most part my normal carpet list, but I decided to do something silly like add another 90 gaunts to the horde, so yes, I was running 270 gaunts at this one. My reasoning for this was with the concern of the added anti horde hitting the meta with the bolter rule and people just adapting to the horde meta a little more, I thought is this actually going to be relevant if I just 100 models to the carpet. This turned out to be the right decision because even against probably my hardest matchup being orks, they  just could not get through that many models quick enough, the attrition war has still been too hard for people to overcome when playing against the Hivefleet. In saying that, I expect the meta especially the top end of the meta to start really adapting to the horde, so as a horde player I will still carry my concerns regardless of the success the army has had.

So with the last 5 or so months of success since I picked up the Nids, Cancon winner, Queensland Master and held onto the undefeated streak, It hurt me to even say that Hivefleet Cuck will be entering retirement for the foreseeable future. Mostly because it truly is just far too difficult to not be incredibly burnt out after playing 5-6 months of 150+ models.
So with the new tournament season starting, ETC and ATC on the cards, what better way to pickup a new and flavourful army.

With this blog moving forward I would love some suggestions on what everyone would like to see from this blog in the new year or if you're happy to keep reading similar content to what I have been putting out there.

3 comments:

  1. GSC!!! It's the perfect time to get into them, and it means we don't necessarily have to say goodbye to all of Hive Fleet Cuck. I know I mostly just lurk, but please keep posting. This blog makes my day, and sometimes even my week as I go over list ideas inspired from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers dude! sorry i hadn't seen this, I've been inactive for a little while, but that's all about to change,
    means alot to hear that though bro, thanks heaps. Maybe time to stop lurking? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been a little hesitant to play ITC at the local shop, but I've got a month off coming up this summer. I'm going to be building and painting my 2k Anointed Throng GSC, and the plan is to run them with a bunch of Gaunts and Vultures.
      Not high level stuff, or an overly complicated list, but it should be lots of fun! Gonna see if I can't mix in some Jorm Shock Guard to try and nuke Knights.

      Delete

Re Claiming The Throne

So I know this one is a little late, but just over a week ago we had the ANZ 40k Team Championships, where for the most part the top 8 playe...