Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Awakening

Welcome to The Hive Mind,
My name is Erik Lathouras and in this weekly blog i will be recording my tournament travels, successes and failures. As part of that I will explain the thought process behind some of the lists i run, how i assess the meta and just what really goes into the behind the scenes prep for a team tournament.

But before we go into all that, a bit about myself;
I started playing this game competitively around 7 years ago now, it has definitely been a long journey to get to the level I currently play at and the support throughout this journey has not gone un-noticed.It took me 3 years of playing competitive events to earn my first podium spot, that sort of achievement most definitely leaves you wanting more, striving to better your ability on the tabletop. Since then I have been a part of the Queensland ATC team for 3 years, the only team to ever win three on the trot, and to have been captain for two of these years.

 I'm sure we could all agree the best part of this hobby is the mates we meet along the way and the drunken memories we forge,  nothing is better then having the lads around, having a few games of hammers watching the footy and drinking some beer.

With Lords of War only a week away watch this space to see the thought that went in to prepping for this one!
For those of you who haven't heard of Lords of War check out QLD40kTournaments on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/145025342881338/



2 comments:

  1. Good to see the Blog up and running mate. Looking forward to following the evolution.

    ReplyDelete

Re Claiming The Throne

So I know this one is a little late, but just over a week ago we had the ANZ 40k Team Championships, where for the most part the top 8 playe...